Look after your own well-being so you can be in the best place to help others. Here are some tips that can you help you lift your mood.
1. Keep active and exercise - exercising uses up any extra energy you have and distracts you from your worries. It also release endorphins which help lift your mood.
2. Relaxation techniques - do at least one thing each day that relaxes you eg take a hot bath, listen to your favourite music or even simple breathing exercises will help relieve your symptoms.
3. Think about having some talking therapy - such as a life coach who will guide and teach you ways to influence your thought processes to have a more positive outlook.
4. Stay in touch with friends and family - being connected with people is a great way to put life into perspective. It will gives you an opportunity to talk and distracts you from stress and anxiety.
5. Prioritise rest and sleep - Make sure you get a regular good night's sleep.
6. Reduce alcohol intake - Alcohol can exacerbate feelings of low mood and anxiety.